A Celebration of Chosen Family – December 25 @ SPECTRUM, Noon to 10 PM. Many people in the local LGBTQ2+ community are able to be with their relatives in the time around December 25 (Wednesday). Others do not have this option – for a variety of reasons – including that they have neither the support nor the love of their relatives. And they may end up feeling lonely or isolated at this time of year, regardless of their religious affiliation.
This is one reason why we speak of “chosen families” – those we have gathered around us who care about what is happening in our lives. For the fourth year in a row, SPECTRUM will be hosting a community gathering with music, good company and plenty of food on December 25, 2019.
We are planning to be open from Noon to 10:00 PM, as we were last year, regardless of the weather. Last year, for the first time we had a hot meal; this year we will be doing so again.
If you are able, join us for a celebration of chosen family! Because this is a hard time of the year for many people, SPECTRUM is committed to being open for:
- Tuesday, December 24 – noon to 4 PM – a drop-in
- Wednesday, December 25 – noon to 10 PM – the Celebration
- Thursday, December 26 – noon to 4 PM – a drop-in
- Friday, December 27 – 7 PM to 11 PM – games evening
- Saturday, December 28 – 2 PM to 5 PM – a drop-in
- Tuesday, December 31 – noon to 4 PM – a drop-in
Location – http://ourspectrum.com/contact-2/