The Waterloo Region Rainbow Student Award
We’re very excited to present the inaugural rainbow student award program for Waterloo Region. Powered by TMMC and SPECTRUM.
Each year, one or more students may be awarded $500-$1000 in support of ongoing educational efforts, projects and personal goals.
PLEASE NOTE!: The 2016-2017 Awards Application cycle is now CLOSED for entry. A big thanks to all whom applied. Stay tuned for information about our next application cycle in later 2017.
Who can apply?
Waterloo Region students between the ages of 16-25 years. Two kinds of applications are accepted:
- Demonstrated benefit, hardship or need, or
- Outline a project, program or initiative related to our rainbow community which would benefit from funding
How to apply?
Complete the application form available below [Currently closed to applications].
Before you begin! To complete the online application form, you will need:
- A written one-page letter – outlining need or a project – that you can copy and paste into the application letter box. You don’t need to be a maestro. A brief but impactful couple of paragraphs is all that’s needed.
- Proof of enrollment in a local academic institution (e.g. name of your educational institution and your student number).
- A reputable referral from a community leader – e.g. a teacher/professor, counselor, employer, local dignitary or professional – a name, phone and email address is required.
- Your contact information.
Applications will only be accepted before the application deadline: midnight January 18, 2017. All applicants will receive a confirmation their submission was received. The independent Selection Committee will then review all applications and determine award winners and amounts. Awards will be announced in Jan-Feb 2017.
For more information, visit www.ourspectrum.com/studentaward, call SPECTRUM at 226-779-9695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
If you are a student who identifies with the rainbow community, there are several student awards, scholarships and bursary programs you may be eligible to apply for. For a good list, please visit EGALE’s website, which has done a great job of listing several of them www.egale.ca/portfolio/mygsa – scroll down and click on “LGBTQ Awards Scholarships & Bursaries.”