The Waterloo Region & Area Rainbow Student Award
We’re very excited to present the 2018 Waterloo Region and Area Rainbow Student Award, powered by TMMC and SPECTRUM.
Each year, one or more students may be awarded up to $1500 in support of ongoing educational efforts, projects and personal goals.
PLEASE NOTE!: The 2018 Awards Application cycle is now CLOSED
Who can apply?
Waterloo Region and Area students between the ages of 16-25 years. Two kinds of applications are accepted:
- Demonstrated benefit, hardship or need, or
- Outline a project, program or initiative related to our rainbow community which would benefit from funding
How to apply?
Complete the application form (when available, it will appear below).
Before you begin! To complete the online application form, you will need:
- A written one-page letter – outlining need or a project – that you can copy and paste into the application letter box. You don’t need to be a maestro. A brief but impactful couple of paragraphs is all that’s needed.
- Proof of enrollment in a local academic institution (e.g. name of your educational institution and your student number).
- A reputable referral from a community leader – e.g. a teacher/professor, counselor, employer, local dignitary or professional – a name, phone and email address is required.
- Your contact information.
Applications will only be accepted before the application deadline: midnight Wednesday January 9, 2019. All applicants will receive a confirmation their submission was received. The independent Selection Committee will then review all applications and determine award winners and amounts. Awards will be announced in winter 2019.