Offer a wide variety of discussion groups, social events, advocacy opportunities, awareness campaigns, resources, and information.
Depends on event (only big events are require payment; usually only 1-2 events a year). Otherwise, fees are included in tuition.
Some offerings may only be available to University of Waterloo students, but they try to include the community as frequently as possible.
Number of people accessing service by the hour – no identifying information is taken down.
1. Establish a campus support network for the queer and questioning community that includes links with on and off campus resources and organizations.
2. Provide supportive and confidential environments to facilitate discussion of issues pertaining to the queer and questioning community.
3. Educate the campus community on issues pertaining to the queer and questioning community in the interests of promoting a campus culture that is aware and accepting of diversity.
4. Ensure all Glow services and resources are accessible to all members of the campus community
Glow (not an acronym), Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based LGBTQ+ group in Canada. This service is available for undergraduate students at University of Waterloo.
Trains volunteers in-house on 3 main policies:
2. creating a safe space and
Peer support has its own training;
Folks from counselling services come to train.
Peer support registration form on WUSA’s website [this is just so a schedule can be made]
Email, Facebook message, drop in during the office hours. Event details and links are shared on social media. Register for peer support at https://wusa.ca/services/wusa-peer-support.
University Of Waterloo Campus co-coordinator Midas (she/her)