No cost counselling for LGBTQ2+ youth
LGBTQ2+ youth groups (https://ok2bme.ca/services/lgbtq-youth-group/)
Consulting and training around LGBTQ2+ issues
Counselling is offered at no cost to LGBTQ2+ youth aged 5-18 who live in the Waterloo Region
Counselling is offered on a sliding scale based on income for LGBTQ2+ people over the age of 19
Anyone may self-refer.
· Contact information
· How do you identify your gender?
· What pronouns do you use? (i.e. she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.)
· Birth date
· Tell us a bit about what has brought you to seek our services? (i.e. What would you like support with?)
· Do you have thoughts of harming yourself or someone else?
· Do you have any accessibility or accommodation needs? (e.g. language or communication barriers, wheelchair access, health condition, etc.)
· If you have a family doctor, what is their name?
For counselling, therapists will take clinical notes. This might include a list of goals the client wants to work on, clinical assessments, etc. Clients have the right to access their file and can speak with their therapist to do so.
OK2BME has been operating in Waterloo Region since 2005.
All of the therapists at KW Counselling Services have minimum of a Masters degree in Social Work or a related field and experience working with individuals, couples, children, teens, and families on a variety of topics. Members of the OK2BME Team have lived experience as members of LGBTQ2+ communities.
Intake Form: https://ok2bme.ca/services/intake/
For counselling for LGBTQ2+ individuals over the age of 18, service is provided on a sliding scale based on income. This will be discussed during the intake. (https://www.kwcounselling.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Therapeutic-Counselling-and-WICC-Fees-2018.pdf
Many subsidies are available. No one is turned away based on an inability to pay for service.
Call and speak to an intake worker or complete the online intake form https://ok2bme.ca/services/intake/
KW Counselling Services